DIFFERENT MIDI CC SEND ON EACH PRESET?

For the Voluum™ Digitally-Controlled Analogue Volume Effects Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

JamieB

DIFFERENT MIDI CC SEND ON EACH PRESET?

Post by JamieB »

Hey guys,

I'm loving my voluum but im wondering weather i can change the midi cc i'm sending per preset?? so on one preset i can me modifying my delay time (lett say cc5) and on another preset i can modify my delay modulation mix (lets say cc 22) ect?? if so how can i do this if not can we get it as an added feature please? to go even further could we have the midi out channel assignable by preset as well ? so i can use my voluum to control my delay on one preset my modulations on another preset. is there any possibility of doing this?
james
Site Admin

Re: DIFFERENT MIDI CC SEND ON EACH PRESET?

Post by james »

Do you want to change what MIDI CC the pedal is sending, rather than what MIDI CC the preset is responding to when set to "MIDI Control"?

This isn't possible now, but I can't think of any reason why it couldn't be added. I'd suggest allowing each preset to set the MIDI Out Channel and CC number, and the global MIDI option could be changed to allow it to be fixed (as it is now), or set to "use preset" to use the value set in the preset.

It's a good idea and I've now added it to the feature requests.
JamieB

Post by JamieB »

yeah that's exactly what i meant James that sounds awesome one other idea would be to make the cc values locked to a defined range say instead of 0-127 having it so you could define a start and stop range eg cc-5 val 40-97 you you could modify the way the pedal travel is reacting similar to the hi and low of the volume output set a high and low value for the current cc
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Yes, that's a good idea. I'll also add that to the list.
JamieB

Post by JamieB »

ok last ideas on this thread...i think..... would it be possible to output to multiple channels at once so output midi cc 5 on channel 1 and cc 56 on channel 3 - (with high and low values as mentioned) this way if people had multiple midi devices they could control multiple expressions at once (i would only use 2 midi devices but 5 may be a good number if the processing power is there) that way you could have a chorused delay sound and use the pedal in increase the mix of both midi devices at once without locking them to the same midi channel.

also perhaps it would be possible to oscillate the midi cc defined value via the lfo??? i see source audio have just teased an ultimate expression pedal that has lfo controlled expression - if its possible to implement this feature (and even sweep patterns for expression) then the only preferable thing the source audio would have is size and cv outputs the voluum would slay it for every thing else

i think that is all :P
JamieB

Post by JamieB »

bump??
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Sorry for the delay in replying -- lots to prepare before we go to the NAMM show next week.

I need to think about how this would be added in an elegant way. It's a good idea.

We have also considered making a "super" expression pedal, particularly with our pedal sensor technology to make sure it stays working reliably for a very long time. Not sure if it's a bit niche though -- happy to hear your thoughts on that! For now, adding more MIDI expression capability to the Voluum is a great way for us to experiment.
JamieB

Post by JamieB »

Thats ok james, i just did not know weather you had seen the post

- i wish you the best of luck at NAMM - i have a few expression oriented ideas but i too wonder weather it would be too much of a niche product on its own but i have thought of a potential way round this which i believe would be potentially more cost effective, and your pedal tech could be used for some other cool products im sure - i will email you some ideas if you would like as it will allow for more indepth conversation to take place :) i only own the one Sonuus product at the moment (the voluum) but i plan to do a video on in as it seems to me there's not enough buzz out there on forums and youtube when it is truly a stellar product that deserves more recognition. hopefully a few firmware and software updates here and there will take it to yet another level - thank you for thinking outside the box and creating a truly unique pedal, that saves pedal board space and allows for midi control, whats more thanks for being a uk company ha ha it does help when throwing ideas around that your based on home turf as it were.

all the best for your trip across the pond,

jamie
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I'd love to talk more about your ideas. I've sent you a PM with my email address.

Let's try to catch up after NAMM, maybe we can even have a phone chat to discuss more of your ideas.
AMackie

Post by AMackie »

Hi James

I was just wondering wether this feature was ever implemented on the Voluum? I am interested in buying the pedal but would it need it to be able to send different cc messages in different presets.

And if you're still considering the idea, I would definitely be interested in a 'super' expression pedal!

Best

Alastair