Suggestion

For the Voluum™ Digitally-Controlled Analogue Volume Effects Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

fillipe

Suggestion

Post by fillipe »

I'm sorry for my bad english! I speak from Brazil!!

I have the voluum and there is a problem, but a simple problem to resolv!

When a press down the footswitch to toe-down position I want kill the sinal of the guitar!! I can put in a gain -60db, but the volume will not be linear!!

Anybody has a suggestion?
james
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion

Post by james »

Hello to Brazil!

I am not exactly sure what you want to achieve.

At toe-down, you want to signal killed (so level is set to -60dB, or maybe even to minimum of -99dB). That will kill the signal, but is the problem the sound level going from the normal pedal position to the toe-down position?

(I assume the "lo" is set to 0dB for no volume change.)

Have you tried changing the "response curve". If you set it to "Hi9" it will more quickly go to the minimum level.

Let me know more and I'm sure we can either solve it, or add a small change to do what you want.
fillipe

Post by fillipe »

I just try to do a preset as a normal volume pedal as the Visual Sound, the visual sound is progresive and when you came in the toe-down position don't pass sinal!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I looked at the Visual Sound volume pedal, and that says at heel-down position, it is off (won't pass signal). Not at toe-down?

If you want it to be fully off at heel-down, then a smoother volume as you go to toe-down, maybe the "Hi-9" response curve will work better? Set lo to -99dB and hi to 0dB. Does this get closer to what you want?

Maybe a new option would be useful: "-99dB at heel-down"... then when you move to heel down, it fully kills the signal, regardless of the response curve you have set?
fillipe

Post by fillipe »

Im sorry! My mistake!! you are right!!

Yes, I try this configuration, but this is not progressive, but is functional!

If is possible make my suggestion will be incredible!

Ex: You are in 95% of heel-down position the gai are in -30 but when you go to 100% heel-down position the gain go to -99!! maybe can be a solution! I don't know if this is possible!!

THank you so much fot your attention James!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Yes, I agree this would be very useful. I have added it to the list of possible new features. I'm sure it is possible, we just need to work out the best way to implement it to ensure it doesn't cause any problems.
fillipe

Post by fillipe »

And, do you have suggestions fot Voluum position on the setup??
Attachments
That is my setup
That is my setup
IMG_20151129_120848337.gif (228.5 KiB) Viewed 10527 times
fillipe

Post by fillipe »

Thanks James!!! I really love this pedals and I don't trade for nothing!!! I waited for 3 year to get buy this pedal!!
fillipe

Post by fillipe »

James??
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I've been thinking about this. I also posted on our social media to see if any existing users had some good suggestions. For far, only one reply suggesting to put the Voluum just before the amp.

I think it depends what you are trying to do -- you may want to put it in different places for different effects.

For just volume control, I'd put it before all reverb/delay effects, but after other effects. Then when you fade out the volume your sound will go but the tails of the reverbs/delays will keep going.