MIDI Sync Problems

For the Voluum™ Digitally-Controlled Analogue Volume Effects Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

phaedrus

Re: MIDI Sync Problems

Post by phaedrus »

Hi James
Thanks for getting to the bottom of this.
For myself, I think the option of having a toggle switch in the editor would work best. As I usually use quite fast tremolo rates and can use the trigger function, I don't think I would notice any phase/sync problems.

This allows 'normal' operation for when a sequencer etc is sending MIDI clock (and the stop/start) messages. For the times when I'm not connected to a sequencer, putting the Voluum into continuous MIDI clock mode (probably (90% of the time), would be the most useful. So for practising ideas etc everything is quickly in sync and then use a sequencer to send the start/stop message for recording.

I'm not a fan of the timeout idea as fast tremolo rates would mean a period of no tremolo.

If it's possible to implement this for a new update of the editor software, it would be greatly appreciated. At the moment I'm going to stick with firmware version 1.1.

Many thanks

Tony
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Hi Tony,

I've added this to the list of jobs to be done. It won't happen until next month at the earliest because we have The NAMM Show at the end of this month and have lots to get ready for then.

James
phaedrus

Post by phaedrus »

Hi !!
Something got decided, but I can't remember for sure what it was! Edit:- Didn't read page 2... still....

Anyhoo, nice to see a few more Voluum's on boards (TPS) and expanding product/forum base.

So, can we revist this please?

Kind Regards

Tony
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Hi Tony,

Yes, I am planning to revisit the Voluum firmware next month (June). Sorry it's taken so long to get back to it -- so many projects running at once here.

James
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Finally... "midi clock freerun" option has been added to the Voluum (and lots more besides)

Please see this forum post with more info.

http://forum.sonuus.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 4710#p4710
phaedrus

Post by phaedrus »

Thanks James
I saw the post in the beta testing section and then in other threads.
That's great, I'll test ASAP, and report back.

Tony
phaedrus

Post by phaedrus »

Great. This works.

I did my own workaround with MIDI clock, using a H9 Max to generate, so will test that feature in a while. Should be useful as i'm planning on replacing the H9.

Glad to using latest firmware now though, we finally got there!

Thank you James

Tony
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Tony,

Good news it works :-) Thank for testing so quickly.

There's lots of of additions in this update, so have fun exploring them!

James