How to Engage Tuner

For the Voluum™ Digitally-Controlled Analogue Volume Effects Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

seanturland

How to Engage Tuner

Post by seanturland »

Hi,

I'm having trouble with engaging the tuner from the latest Firmare Update 1.3.00. I followed all the Update steps correctly, and the desktop editor states that my pedal is currently under firmware version 1.3.00. However when I hold the footswitch, the main LED and Up Button LED flash and nothing seems to change. I have tried to update again but nothing has changed.

Is there simply a way to select the tuner option, or is there a fault with my pedal?

Thanks,
Sean
james
Site Admin

Re: How to Engage Tuner

Post by james »

If you keep holding the footswitch, after the UP/DOWN buttons flash, eventually the tuner should activate.

The time to activate the tuner is set to be twice whatever you have configured the hold-time for the footswitch to be held to enable preset selection (the up/down buttons flash). This lets you use the preset select feature and the tuner at the same time, just by doing a slightly longer hold.
james
Site Admin

Re: How to Engage Tuner

Post by james »

In the latest (beta) firmware, there is another option for engaging the tuner. You can use an external footswitch (connected to the MIDI-Out -- see the Voluum user manual for information on this). This footswitch can be configured to turn the tuner on and off (and other things too).

More info here:

http://forum.sonuus.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 4710#p4710