MIDI ADSR

For the Voluum™ Digitally-Controlled Analogue Volume Effects Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

akeyvani

MIDI ADSR

Post by akeyvani »

Can I use Voluume to send the signal envelope as MIDI messages?

I think I read in the new firmware notes that this functionality was added. Has anybody tried this?

Thank you all.
sascha

Re: MIDI ADSR

Post by sascha »

Tried it ... with the 1.5.01 firmware, you can use Voluum to send a triggered envelope via MIDI ("Volume" effect, control set to "Envelope"). However, you cannot send the actual envelope; i.e. you cannot have the input level "measured" and converted to MIDI CC data. But rather, when you hit the strings hard enough, a envelope is triggered, that then sends a ADSR curve with fixed levels via MIDI. The only thing you can change with your playing dynamics is the attack time of that ADSR curve.

This is a pity IMHO ... I would love to be able to use my Voluum to make all kinds of MIDI effects dynamically envelop controlled. Especially filters, like the Wah models on my Line6 M5 ... would be great to be able use each of them as a touch wah. And I guess it would be quite easy to make the Voluum do this; like by adding "Hi MIDI Level / Lo MIDI Level" parameters to the "Volume" effect in "Envelope" mode ... dear Sonuus crew, would be great to see this in firmware 1.6 :-)
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I have added this as a feature request for a future update.
sascha

Post by sascha »

james wrote:I have added this as a feature request for a future update.
Great, thanks :-)