2 basic midi questions

For the Voluum™ Digitally-Controlled Analogue Volume Effects Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

Jonners

2 basic midi questions

Post by Jonners »

Is there any way to link the Voluum and Wahoo together through USB midi? Could it be done as a future development, theoretically if not logistically (I've seen the requests ...)

Just trying to think of ways to send midi signals to the Wahoo without having a midi to usb converter.

Secondly. I'm using the volume midi signal as an adsr 'driver' for an external device. But the signal seems to use the full range of midi whatever I do. I'd like to be able to have a response curve that only goes to halfway in volume, but I don't seem able to do that. I assume it simply sends the curve as altered by the adsr across the 0-127 range. Is there any way to attentuate that?
james
Site Admin

Re: 2 basic midi questions

Post by james »

It's not possible to connect two USB devices together. The way USB works doesn't support this -- you need a host to control the data. If we can send raw MIDI over the USB lines, that might work -- this needs more investigation.

The volume ADSR is scaled from 0-127 as you said. Currently there is no way to scale this. You'd have to do this externally with some MIDI remapping hardware/software.