Voluum with Nux Cerberus

For the Voluum™ Digitally-Controlled Analogue Volume Effects Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

BD240

Voluum with Nux Cerberus

Post by BD240 »

Hi ...
I use Voluum with Cerberus.They are great pertners along with Elektron Analog Drive. Problem is Cerberus sends Bank Change along with Program Change, so it forces Voluum to always select Factory Preset (Bank 00 ).Two way to go...
1. insert midi filter ( extra equipment and money )
2. Use a midi pedal board ( lots of money )
or sonuus gives us an option to change Bank 00 to be the "User Preset".I swear i will reserve that money for to pay for Sonuus :)
james
Site Admin

Re: Voluum with Nux Cerberus

Post by james »

Have you tried to use the SetList feature of the Voluum? More info in this video: https://youtu.be/dt-I3CmNG6Q

When you use a setlist you can select which program number is used for each program, regardless of user/factory presets and it should then ignore bank select messages too.

Hopefully this works for you (and it's free!)
BD240

Post by BD240 »

Thank you so much
Support is as good (and fast) as the Voluum :) Voluum helps to keep my set up small and top quality.It is to me "Valuum"

I have tried the Setlist.It works great.But it has 20 preset.Why do someone need more?

As a singer and player I have no time to select and press more than a button to change the tone in the middle of a song.I dont use 100 different tone but use copies of them.For example :Song A intro 33 ,verse rhythm 34, solo 35 and copy of the 34 is a rhythm for song B as 60. No time for press 26 times on a next button or hold and count numbers.

With Cerberus bank and preset stracture (lots of banks and few sub-presets ) this works like a dream.Voluum shines that way.Compressor in a preset, and gain in the next, and reverb time or delay repeat in the other...Superb. And with Analog Drives's mid sweep it becomes a "light wah-wah" ...

Just a little wish.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Valuum - I like that :-)

When setlist is active (you need to engage the LOCK switch on the back on the Voluum), you can only select the presets that you have listed in the setlist. So if you only need 3 presets, for example, "next" will only let you cycle through these 3 presets. So I think this is what you need?

Remember you need to enable lock. This is because when unlocked you can still edit presets so you need to be able to select presets that aren't in the setlist.