Gigrig distributer power enough for Voluum?

For the Voluum™ Digitally-Controlled Analogue Volume Effects Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

prince

Gigrig distributer power enough for Voluum?

Post by prince »

I am using a gigrig distributor 9v/137mA. it does power the Voluum and it seems to work but a code keeps flashing alternately with the F00 ( can't remember exactly what it is ) I will check it out again. The reason I'm asking is that whilst playing I noticed the unit suddenly goes quite and then as I move the pedal it is restored. ( the unit was locked ) Perhaps this is a setting and has nothing to do with the amount of power available?
james
Site Admin

Re: Gigrig distributer power enough for Voluum?

Post by james »

137mA is not enough for the Voluum. It is rated for a 9V, 500mA supply, although it will work with a lower-current supply if the panel LEDs are not at full brightness (400mA can be ok, for example).

The Voluum is probably cutting in and out as the power to it droops.
prince

Post by prince »

Hi James

See the attachment. I have connected the Voluum too the gigrig TimeLord which is rated at 9v 550mA. ( https://shop.thegigrig.com/power-base-pack-1 )
I'm still seeing the code in the attached and it flashes every 7 seconds. What do you think the issue is?
Attachments
IMG_9166.jpg
IMG_9166.jpg (63.44 KiB) Viewed 5816 times
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

That "code" is the short name for the preset. It is used to help you remember what the presets mean.

You are are on the first preset F00 which is a volume pedal. The short name is "vol" which displays as you have shown. When you create user presets, you can edit this name to be something meaningful to you.

FYI: if running the Voluum on batteries it can also show "bat" when the battery level gets low.
prince

Post by prince »

Ok makes sense. So each preset can also have an alternate name. Is there a default name it uses if you don't give it one and can I stop it from flashing back to the name and just keep it steady?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

You can't turn the feature off. When you create a preset, it's always an edited version of an existing preset, so the short name starts with the same name as the preset you started from.

To "hide" it, you can change the name to spaces, "-" or even to match the program slot you've saved to. In this last case, you wouldn't see it change.