Undo/Redo documentation

For the Loopa™, The World's First Looper Microphone

Moderators: johnmc, james

rupa

Undo/Redo documentation

Post by rupa »

Hi, use of the undo/redo function does not appear to be documented anywhere, just that it exists. How does one use this feature?
james
Site Admin

Re: Undo/Redo documentation

Post by james »

Please see this FAQ: http://www.sonuus.com/products_loopa_fa ... enu_anchor

We forgot to include the details of how to do it in the user manual :oops:
rupa

Post by rupa »

thanks for quick reply, I figured it out by experimentation and was fixing to come here and say how, but you beat me to it :)

I'd add to that documentation - when you stop/start your overdubs are preserved where you were in the stack. your loop is not saved when powered off/on

this is a really nice UI for looping - PLEASE make a little guitar pedal like this - there's nothing on the market that lets you undo/redo like this - they all just have one level of undo/redo (you can only undo/redo the last overdub, once you overdub everythin previous is frozen). being able to step down and up through multiple levels is fantastic and musical.

(also, 13 levels of undo/redo, 13 minutes of loop ... if there's a story behind that, spill it!)
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I'd add to that documentation - when you stop/start your overdubs are preserved where you were in the stack. your loop is not saved when powered off/on
Yes, good idea.
this is a really nice UI for looping - PLEASE make a little guitar pedal like this - there's nothing on the market that lets you undo/redo like this - they all just have one level of undo/redo (you can only undo/redo the last overdub, once you overdub everythin previous is frozen). being able to step down and up through multiple levels is fantastic and musical.
This is something we have been considering for a while. If you have more thoughts on "killer features" for it, let us know (maybe PM these to me if you want to keep it a secret!). We have a few other tricks up our sleeves to make it even better.
(also, 13 levels of undo/redo, 13 minutes of loop ... if there's a story behind that, spill it!)
Undo/redo is actually 16 levels. So you have one "base" loop that can't disappear, so you end up with 15 levels of undo/redo.

13 minutes is just to do with the size of memory we are using. It's actually slightly longer than 13 minutes, but it's over-provisioned so even if a few blocks of memory go bad over time (which can happen), you'll still have 13 minutes :D
rupa

Post by rupa »

Excellent, glad you're thinking of making a pedal. Keeping the 2 button UI (most pedals require double tap to stop, and have an annoying erase procedure that gives you a split second of sound) and multi-level undo-redo would be the must-have things. Other things that I find important in decreasing order of importance (to me) and increasing order of awesome:

* little blink of LED on the "one" of the loop when playing/recording
* save the loop through power off/on
* chain/sync for a couple units - MIDI is great but some simple non-proprietary trigger/cv mechanism would be fine too. loops on a synced unit would be quantized to some multiple of the "master" unit's length. that's it
* reset/stutter functionality. with a trigger/cv sync mechanism this could almost come for free (plug in a footswitch)
* deluxe version with two independent loops, synced to multiples of course. unsynced/synced/verse-chorus. Killer feature that nothing on the market has would be ability to mixdown the two tracks and free up track two.

:)