Possible i2M upgrade?

For discussion of prototypes and ideas that have not yet made it into production. Help shape the future!

Moderators: johnmc, james

treelemon

Possible i2M upgrade?

Post by treelemon »

I was just wondering if there is any thought on doing something like making an audio-to-MIDI note converter that would have an input for the 13-pin GK cable? This would make it easier to use any hexaphonic pickup (Roland or homemade) to turn multiple individual strings into MIDI.

I'm currently doing a Roland GK into multiple i2Ms via a signal splitter I'm getting in the mail soon!

Having a product like that would enable using any 13-pin output and modifying it into MIDI to use directly on a computer, or into pedals that would also take in MIDI signals.

I'm sure it's been thought of, but it would be nice if I didn't have to buy something like the Roland MIDI pedals to utilize their pickups...

Also, it would possibly take up less space on my pedalboard if I could merge six i2Ms into one more compact unit.
james
Site Admin

Re: Possible i2M upgrade?

Post by james »

It's good to see some interest in this idea. It is certainly something we have considered, we're just not sure how many people need it -- any ideas?