Dynamic Flash app using G2M or B2M to output midi signal.

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

renemistergiant

Dynamic Flash app using G2M or B2M to output midi signal.

Post by renemistergiant »

Hi,

For an interactive installation we want things to happen randomly. And with certain events we want to trigger lights, smoke and confetti machines trough midi. For this we would like to use Flash (Adobe AIR AS3). But one problem with Flash is that it can not output an midi signal. But we can output an audio signal, so with some research we came across the B2M and G2M. That could convert bass or guitar sound to midi signals. And then we can use the midi signals to trigger things connected to a FullBoar 4 Console

http://www2.highend.com/products/contro ... onsole.asp

My questions:
What would be better a B2M or G2M?
Better recognition of the sound played from the computer?
More Midi signals to choose from? (guitar has more strings)

And has someone else have experiences hooking up a B2M or G2M to a computer?

-edit-
I just read about this post about auto power off, this is not an option for us. The installation would be running for a week and the B2M or G2M would be powered bij an adapter.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=700

Greetings,
Rene
The Netherlands
james
Site Admin

Re: Dynamic Flash app using G2M or B2M to output midi signal

Post by james »

It's an interesting idea.

You are correct about the auto-power off on the G2M and B2M. But, since you are connected to a computer, I would recommend the i2M musicport instead. This connects directly to a computer via USB, and has no auto-power off. You still need to connect audio to the i2M externally, but the converted MIDI will be sent over USB.

http://www.sonuus.com/products_i2m_mp.html

Because you have control over the sounds you are creating you should be able to get very good results. Ideally, send pure sine waves, and don't make the frequency too low (above 100Hz is better for faster response).
robinhodd23

Re: Dynamic Flash app using G2M or B2M to output midi signal

Post by robinhodd23 »

you should this great app: "Night club strobe light"

Description
It provides a FREE handy strobe light to you right in your pocket! It will listen to the music around you and blink the flash on your device, just like a strobe light. Not just that, the phone screen will become a disco light, one might say, strikes at your music beats! That’s NOT all. Swipe your screen and it will give you several majestic hallucinations, sync with your music, of course. This app is just perfect for your party group, large or small, or even for enhancing your personal musical experience. Bring your phones together and parties are just one tap away!

**FEATURES**
- Strobe light syncs with your music
- Disco light syncs with your music
- Hallucination effects, sync with your music
- Sensitivity adjustment by quick or accurate mode, with a good visual presentation.
- Torchlight support, for..ehhm… finding objects you drop on the floor for example.
- Listen to music from around you or right from your phone
- Futuristic design, smooth animation
**HOW TO USE**
- Tap the screen light button (on the left) to activate disco light and screen light effects.
- Tap the strobe light button (on the right) to activate strobe light effect. Tap again to switch to torchlight mode.
- You will see the music reflects on the slider bar in color. Once the color bar exceeds the pointer on the slider, the flashlight will strike. This is how you control sensitivity.
- For quick configuration, just tap on the marks on the slider to adjust the sensitivity. Move your finger on the slider (you don’t have to place your fingertip exactly on the pointer) for more accurate result.
- Swipe left or right to change screen effect and hallucinations.

Link ios: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/night-c ... ?ls=1&mt=8
Link preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKEbaaBdtd0