Not tracking at all

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

johnnyalucard

Not tracking at all

Post by johnnyalucard »

Hi
I thought I'd test out the G2M and whilst I was checking out your website saw you had refurb/ex display/etc first generation ones on your site. At £20 I thought this was way to good an offer to miss as I was really just looking to find out what the product was like in the flesh, so-to-speak.

However (sorry Michael Gove), I can't get it to track properly at all! It clearly picks up a note and sends it to the midi device but it is rarely the note the guitar is playing. I have adjusted the volume as suggested, used different pickups, played with the tone, used different guitars, played low, played high, played middle, changed midi cables, changed guitar cables, output to different midi devices but there is a degree of randomness to the audio that clearly is not the intention of the device!

Is there anything else I can try or have I got a duff device?

The fact that this unit is clearly schizophrenic notwithstanding I am completely sold on the concept so top work guys and thank you.
james
Site Admin

Re: Not tracking at all

Post by james »

How far off are the MIDI notes from what you are playing?

It is possible to record the MIDI and the guitar signal at the same time (recording the THRU from the G2M). Then we can look at it and see it it looks sensible (perhaps we can put it through a G2M here), or if there is clearly a problem. If you can do this, send me a PM and I'll give you an email address to send a recording to.

The tracking on the new G2M V2, is much better than the V1, but the V1 is still pretty good. It shouldn't be so wildly wrong as you describe.
johnnyalucard

Post by johnnyalucard »

Thanks for getting back to me James. Much appreciated.

The notes are sometimes correct but mostly wildly out. I'll try to get a recording done as suggested. I'll PM you for the email address.
johnnyalucard

Post by johnnyalucard »

Just recording a sample as you requested and used a completely different midi path to get in to my DAW and the results were much better. Maybe I need to check my setup in more detail before i get you to look into it!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Sure, no problem. We're here whenever you need us!