G2M with AmpliTube 3

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

Carley914

G2M with AmpliTube 3

Post by Carley914 »

I am trying my AmpliTube 3 with my G2M for the first time and so far no luck. It appears that this program is looking for more midi/model information from my G2M to function. (It works fine with my Sonar and BiaB.)

Is there anyone with AmpliTube 3 to let me know what their hardware setting window looks like? (Mine does not show the Sonuus by name, only a generic acknowledgment of a midi input.) It looks like the Sonuus G2M title should pop up in about 6 windows.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

C
james
Site Admin

Re: G2M with AmpliTube 3

Post by james »

AmpliTube is an amp simulator, but the G2M sends MIDI from your guitar. So the MIDI signals from the G2M won't be used by AmpliTube. AmpliTube can use some MIDI, but only as controllers for the effects, not note messages.

BiaB, on the other hand, will use the MIDI notes it is sent.

As a MIDI device, the G2M can't identify itself to a computer (you need USB to do that, for example using the Sonuus i2M musicport). Instead the G2M is accessed through the MIDI input you already have on your system.

Hope this helps.
Carley914

Post by Carley914 »

You are 100% right. I figured that out about 3:00 AM last night.

I have been into midi for decades and I sometimes forget that the whole world is not all midi. My brain automatically thinks samples=midi and that just ain't so anymore. My Sonuus works great, but all I really need is a $5.00 1/4" to 1/8" cord.

Thank you for your response.
Last edited by Carley914 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

:D