Sonuus G2M and Roland GR-55

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

Kenny

Sonuus G2M and Roland GR-55

Post by Kenny »

Is it possible to connect the G2M into the MIDI IN of the Roland GR-55 (I have another instrument that does not have a GK pickup)? Or does the Roland GR-55 require a pickup for MIDI conversion?
james
Site Admin

Re: Sonuus G2M and Roland GR-55

Post by james »

I am not sure if the GR-55 is able to play its internal sounds using MIDI, or if MIDI is only used for remote control (e.g., to select presets).

If you can connect a MIDI keyboard (or playback MIDI from a sequencer) to the GR-55 and get it to play sounds, the G2M will work too.
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

Thank you for your response.
Do you have any suggestions as to how I can connect the Sonuus G2M to a synthesizer pedal? What pedals can I use that can create the different instrument sounds possible such as piano and sax?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

A lot of sounds generators are not in pedal format. They are typically designed to be rack-mounted for keyboard players. Some can be quite small small (half-rack format rather than the full 19 inch format).

These accept MIDI input, so can be connected directly to the G2M. I've used various modules from Yamaha (Motif), and Roland... with very good results.
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

I understand now.
What models of Roland synthesizer pedals accept MIDI signals? Could you give a list of MIDI sound generators in the pedal format that's capable of playing sounds of different instruments and effects?