Trying to use G2M with BOSS JS-5 JamStation

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

RocknMichelle

Trying to use G2M with BOSS JS-5 JamStation

Post by RocknMichelle »

Hi there,

I purchased the G2M with the hopes of being able to program custom backing tracks into my JS-5 JamStation. Unfortunately, this does not seem to work.

Apparently, the JS-5 only allows 4 midi channels as input.
Channel 2 - Bass
Channel 3 - Instrument 1 (defined on the control panel)
Channel 4 - Instrument 2 (defined on the control panel)
Channel 10 - Drums

On the Sonuus side, I have discovered (only on this forum, because it is not ducmented anywhere else!) that G2M sends on Channel 1.

Hence, this combination as is, does not seem to work for me.

I am very disappointed. Is there any way to deal with this issue? For instance, can I change the G2M to send on a different channel? Is there a hardware solution for this issue? Is there a software issue for this issue?

Help!
Rock'n Michelle
james
Site Admin

Re: Trying to use G2M with BOSS JS-5 JamStation

Post by james »

I checked the manual for the JS-5 and indeed it does only seem to recognise MIDI channels 2, 3, 4, 10 -- very strange.

There is no way to change the MIDI channel on the G2M -- it is set to channel 1 because this works on just about everything (except your JS-5, unfortunately). This is mentioned on the G2M MIDI implementation chart: http://www.sonuus.com/downloads/sonuus- ... IChart.pdf

As a workaround, if you have a Windows PC, MIDI-OX should work (http://www.midiox.com/). You can set this up to receive on a channel and retransmit on another MIDI port on another channel. You can then use this to send the G2M output on any MIDI channel you require.
TieDyedDevil

Post by TieDyedDevil »

Likewise, you can use MIDI Patchbay on a Mac.
CaBleman

Post by CaBleman »

by now, version 3 of the G2M supports choice of MIDI channel via DIP switch in battery compartment.
ClarenceAmador

Post by ClarenceAmador »

CaBleman wrote:by now, you should know legal steroids gnc version 3 of the G2M supports choice of MIDI channel via DIP switch in battery compartment.
Thanks for the update mate. So, now the problem of "recognize MIDI channels 2, 3, 4, 10" is rectified? Can you please confirm this?
Last edited by ClarenceAmador on Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelWilliams

Post by MichaelWilliams »

ClarenceAmador wrote:
CaBleman wrote:by now, I love semenax and you should know version 3 of the G2M supports choice of MIDI channel via DIP switch in battery compartment.
Thanks for the update mate. So, now the problem of "recognize MIDI channels 2, 3, 4, 10" is rectified? Can you please confirm this?
I am not facing any "recognize MIDI channels 2, 3, 4, 10" problem. So, it must have been rectified.
Last edited by MichaelWilliams on Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adam

Post by Adam »

i want to also buy this version can anyone sell this