G2M not sending note info

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

DrLoHertz

G2M not sending note info

Post by DrLoHertz »

Hello,

I have enjoyed using the G2M so much I purchased a second one to have as a spare. The new one is not behaving properly. When I plug in the MIDI cable and the instrument to the "in" jack, the MIDI light comes on and stays on (on my first G2M the MIDI light only cones on when I play a note). When I play a note, I hear a low note from the synth that does not change, regardless of what note I play. I'm using the same settings I used on the first G2M. Am I missing something?
I'm not a real doctor, I just play one on the bass

Kenny
Http://drlohertz.com
james
Site Admin

Re: G2M not sending note info

Post by james »

It does sounds like the second G2M has a problem.

Do you get the same problem if you don't connect the MIDI cable?

How is it powered - you don't have a low battery or bad PSU? If using a PSU, I assume you are using the same one for both G2Ms.
DrLoHertz

Post by DrLoHertz »

James,

Thank you for your response.

I do have fresh batteries in both G2Ms.

On the new G2M (#1201795) when no MIDI cable is plugged into the G2M, and I plug a cable into the "IN" with no MIDI cable, the POWER LED comes on full and the MIDI LED comes on, very faintly. With both the MIDI cable plugged in and and a cable plugged nto the "IN", the MIDI LED comes on full and stays on.
I'm not a real doctor, I just play one on the bass

Kenny
Http://drlohertz.com
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Please send me a PM with the details of where and when you bought the new G2M and we will arrange to send you a replacement.