Green power Led keeps lighting up when disconnected

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

Crispyw67

Green power Led keeps lighting up when disconnected

Post by Crispyw67 »

On my Sonuus G2M v3, powered by a battery, even when it is disconnected from anything, the green power LED keeps lighting up at random times. Today the other lights were also flashing as though it was receiving midi, even though it was not connected to anything– is this normal?
james
Site Admin

Re: Green power Led keeps lighting up when disconnected

Post by james »

This is not normal. It sounds like the power circuit is not working correctly. It's probably a bad solder connection somewhere that sometimes connects/disconnects by itself causing this. We can repair/replace the G2M for you. It's best to contact your retailer to arrange this, or PM me if it's out of warranty.
Crispyw67

Post by Crispyw67 »

Hi - update on this. I returned it to the supplier back in July 2019 and got a replacement/repair back in 2019. It has had very little use since then, but started using it again recently and the problem has started again - when I use it on battery power and unplug everything, the battery light remains on for a few minutes, and the midi and clip lights will flash occasionally. The only way to stop it is to remove the battery and put it back in again.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

That is strange. It sounds as if the input jack socket isn't detecting the jack plug being removed. When this is removed, it should do two things: (1) ground the input so there is no signal (so you should not see any MIDI activity); and (2) switch off the battery power.

Do you have any problems if its running from a 9V PSU?

Do you know if the unit was repaired or replaced with a new one?