MUSIC CREATOR 4

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

james
Site Admin

Re: MUSIC CREATOR 4

Post by james »

MPU-401 is probably referring to your MIDI port on your sound card, or "game port". I suspect you don't have any MIDI adapter connected to this so it can't be used. So, you need to use your USB MIDI cable instead.

You should be able to select your LOGILINK cable as the MIDI device. If this isn't showing up, it could be that your drivers aren't installed for it, or perhaps the Cakewalk software hasn't been setup to use this devices.

We don't have Music Creator here, but we do have SONAR and Guitar Tracks Pro and both of these have an "Options" menu with a "MIDI Devices" option on it. Does Music Creator also have this menu option? Before MIDI devices can be used in these applications you need to ensure the MIDI device is selected in this MIDI Devices dialog. I am guessing this is the problem and you haven't selected the LOGILINK device there. Once selected, it should show up as a MIDI input and then MIDI from the G2M will route straight into the application.
TheStormConsort

Post by TheStormConsort »

Ive got the G2M working with a Yamaha TG100
johnmc
Site Admin

Post by johnmc »

Good to hear it's all working for you.

John.
TheStormConsort

Post by TheStormConsort »

Finally got it working - not with the usb midi but with midi cable to TG100 Box and audiophile 2496 card with midi connector
jeek

Post by jeek »

After installing the Sonuus ASIO drivers, in order to get the I2m to show up in Sonar X1 I had to change my interface from the ASIO to WDM/KS driver. I've not had much luck trying to use multiple ASIO devices simultaneously. I'm not sure you can unless you are using ASIO 2 and I don't know how many devices support that yet. (I use a Cakewalk V-Studio 100 as my sound card/MIDI controller)

As soon as I changed the VS-100 to WDM/KS and restarted Sonar the musicport showed right up and began working fine. The WDM/KS has lower latency that the straight WDM driver because of the kernal streaming ability.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

That's useful info about using WDM/KS rather that ASIO for your other audio device (the VS-100) to get the i2M to show up.

I'm not sure why that's required. Certainly, ASIO doesn't let an application open more than one ASIO device at a time, but it should allow all the ASIO drivers to be listed and let you select the driver you want.