G2M with microphone for voice

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

donnek

G2M with microphone for voice

Post by donnek »

The G2M is working well with my MIDI synth, but I was wondering about using it with microphone for voice. From previous posts, I know this is possible, but I have tried various mics and can't get anything out of it. In an earlier post, Sonuus staff suggested: "You can use most dynamic mics (with a standard jack connector, rather than an XLR)". Has anyone actually got this working, and if so, could they give me the make and model of the mic, so that I can try with something I know works for at least one person? Thanks.
james
Site Admin

Re: G2M with microphone for voice

Post by james »

What mics have you tried and what's happening? At the very least you should be able to get the tuning LED to flicker to show it's measuring something.
valencyna

Post by valencyna »

Any recommendations for buying microphones used for close miking? I want to close mic my guitar amplifier. I know I want microphones without an on/off switch and rather cheap say £200 and under.
Last edited by valencyna on Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

For micing a guitar amp, the Shure SM57 and Shure Beta 57A are good solutions. There's tons of reviews online for these.

They are dynamic mics so will be able to connect to the G2M for vocal use (the Beta 57A has higher output which may be better in this case). Though the output will still be lower than that from a guitar. I've not tried these with the G2M so I can't confirm the output level -- maybe someone else can comment?