B2M on Apple Garageband Latency

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

d93wilson

B2M on Apple Garageband Latency

Post by d93wilson »

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me with the latency issues on garageband? I have an new IMac OS X 6.4. The problem is that when I play fast lines it will miss some notes and of course there is a big delay. I know it's probalby something I need to change in the settings or preferences, but don't know what. Anyone?
james
Site Admin

Re: B2M on Apple Garageband Latency

Post by james »

If you play a high note and watch the MIDI LED of the B2M, is there an obvious delay before you hear the synth sound from Garage Band? If so the problem is either the MIDI interface you are using, of audio latency in Garageband.

There is necessarily some delay when converting the lowest notes to MIDI (maybe 40ms on B0), and that can't be avoided. Even on higher notes there is some delay because it has to measure the note pitch and this isn't instant. But this delay is small, and you can adapt to it easily after some practice.

"Missing notes" is usually because the B2M can't see an obvious transition between two notes, and this is more of a problem with the lowest notes. You may need to accentuate your playing so that notes are stopped for an instant before you play the next note -- i.e., in a staccato fashion.

We have some tips here: http://www.sonuus.com/products_b2m_faq.html
kevinbrown

Post by kevinbrown »

Here is the Developed Updated 2018 Latest Version of GarageBand for Windows PC and It makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ, by triggering loops and audio effects in real time https://www.wordsoftech.com/garageband- ... pc-laptop/
tanyaRedii43

Post by tanyaRedii43 »

d93wilson wrote:Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me with the latency issues on garageband? I have an new IMac OS X 6.4. The problem is that when I play fast lines it will miss some notes and of course there is a big delay. I know it's probalby something I need to change in the settings or preferences, but don't know what. Anyone?
Why don't you try running garageband on your windows PC. if you windows PC is of good specification then you run garageband app on it by installing garageband on the virtual machine