Sonuus G2M's Pitch Detection Algorithm

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

maxiforestieri

Sonuus G2M's Pitch Detection Algorithm

Post by maxiforestieri »

Hello, my name is Maximiliano Forestieri, I own a Sonuus G2M, and I'm really happy with how it works. Thereford, I have to do a Midi controller research for a university's report, and I would like to know more specifications of the device, such as which algorithm uses, how does it work, and if it would be posible, it's block diagram. I really don't think that the people from Sonuus is going to tell everything about the device, but a bit more information than just the website's information would be nice. Thanks!
james
Site Admin

Re: Sonuus G2M's Pitch Detection Algorithm

Post by james »

I'm sure you understand that we can't discuss any details of how the pitch detection in the G2M works.

What are you doing in your project? Are you trying to do some pitch detection? I would suggest to try a few methods (details are available in the literature of common methods) and compare how they work, how much processing they require etc. You will learn much more if you try to explore what's possible, understand the limitations, and think of ideas to improve it. Remember, at this stage, it's not about getting the best algorithm, but about learning the process of research and investigation.