Only plays notes from e to a on frettboard

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

12string

Only plays notes from e to a on frettboard

Post by 12string »

Had it 1 day. Ok so I get my guitar and play. I get no pitch bend and the guitar only picks up notes from E to A on any string e.g Bottom e string will play open E to the fourth frett A and then nothing happens after that on the other fretts. Same on all 6 string. It plays them great. Would be nice if I could get the rest of the scale to work in all octives.

Any ideas?
james
Site Admin

Re: Only plays notes from e to a on frettboard

Post by james »

It's possible your G2M isn't working, but first check your synth/computer settings.

If the MIDI LED on the G2M is flashing, it means it is sending MIDI data, so this is the first thing to check. Also, when holding a note and bending it, the MIDI LED should be flashing quite quickly while you bend as it sends the data. If this is working ok, check MIDI being received on the synth/computer.

Can you tune using the pulsing power LED? With standard open tuning, the pulsing will slow down as you get close to the correct pitch.
12string

Post by 12string »

Yes the green light flashe on all strings and fretts and also flashes faster when bending. Must be my synth (PC with ableton live and vst) that is the problem. I will mess around and see if I CAN GET IT TO RECOGNIZE THE MIDID DATA BEEN SENT TO MY VST.
Cheers
12string

Post by 12string »

Fianally got it working perfect. I just reset my midi to factory setttings and it is now working 100%. I love this thing. No latency that I can hear, software reports 4.2. As long as you play clean it is perfect. It does bends and slides. I did not read that it could do slides but it does. Great for arps. And yes you can tap but not blazing fast or it gets left behind.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

That's great! Thanks for letting us know it's all working correctly now.