Using the device with a 9 volt adapter

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

Voltaire

Using the device with a 9 volt adapter

Post by Voltaire »

Hi, I would like to know if I could use the Sonuus device with a 9 volt adapter. I know that there is no adapter input for the device, but I am specifically referring to this:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/ ... sku=150471

see: the 9 volt battery clip jumper.

I see myself using the G2M for a minimum of 70 hours a week and I'd prefer not to have to buy new batteries every week.
james
Site Admin

Re: Using the device with a 9 volt adapter

Post by james »

Yes, the G2M should work with any 9V adapter (actually anything from 6V to 10V should work OK, but the LOW BATTERY LED will light if the input is too low). The link you posted looks like a good option to me as it's specifically designed for audio so has low noise, which might be an issue with some other power supplies.

Note that the G2M also works great with rechargeable betteries (e.g., NiMH 8.4V cells).
Voltaire

Re: Using the device with a 9 volt adapter

Post by Voltaire »

Thanks a lot James.
Seriously, I've tried many pitch to midi converters (synodeia, widi, usine's pitch to midi, plogue bidule's spectral to midi), some with success but their is always the looming thought of failure midway through a gig.

I try to give a huge performance with my two person group, 1 percussionist, and me doing everything else that it gets difficult at times to really give a full experience.

this is me: www.soundclick.com/anonymousfleet all done with midi guitar, an fcb1010, a laptop and extensive looping.