G2M in a pedalboard

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

corales

G2M in a pedalboard

Post by corales »

Q:
is the G2M true bypass ?
Can I replacement the battery with a DC 9 volt conection from my pedalboard..? I mean put a 9 volt jack power supply on the G2M
or maybe.....It is possible a G2M pedalboard version with a on off switch from Sonuus?

best regards...from Chile
james
Site Admin

Re: G2M in a pedalboard

Post by james »

The G2M is not "true bypass" because it doesn't have any switch to switch-out the input connection. However, the circuit input impedance is very high, so it won't affect the guitar signal in any way. The THRU output is a direct connection to the input. The signal doesn't pass through any electronic circuitry.

It is certainly possible to wire a 9V DC power supply to the battery connection. The circuit is protected against wrong polarity, so you won't damage the G2M if you accidentally connect it the wrong way round.

A pedalboard G2M: it's something we have been asked for many times now. Nothing available yet, but maybe in the future.
corales

Re: G2M in a pedalboard

Post by corales »

Thanks..
If you plan a pedalboard version it s great....I think will be better a case were I can put my G2M on it,something like and adapter pedal ...so all the G2M owners can use it
Thank again
best regards fron Chile