Programmable G2M V3?

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

alancarl

Programmable G2M V3?

Post by alancarl »

HI,
I am really impressed with the tracking of the Sonuus devices...I currently have a G2m V2 and an I2m.
I could really see the usefulness of a way to program a 5 pin DIN MIDI device like G2M over usb...similarly to the I2m in functionality.
I realize that virtual synths are the future and hence the flexibility of the I2m fits this market superbly. However, hardware MIDI devices are still very much 'in the mix' of great musical performances and the simplicity of a plain old 5 pin DIN connection really has it's advantages....
No USB
No computer OS
Hopefully these little gems are really catching on and we will see more terriffic products from Sonuus!
I feel that there is no better pitch to MIDI device to date!
Thanks,
AL
james
Site Admin

Re: Programmable G2M V3?

Post by james »

Thanks for the kind comments.

Certainly, we are thinking about something like this, i2M-configurability with 5-pin MIDI and maybe other things. Another similar request is here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=591&sid=c1775d3a2c ... 8166#p1469
alancarl

Post by alancarl »

Thanks for responding James....
I had come across the other post that you had mentioned.....that post is coming from the I2m with more functionality and I/o etc.... The poster suggests an adapter to get the 5 pin din midi port...and I suppose this could be possible to have the Sonuus next step be a coremidi host( like the iconnectmidi is) but to be clear I am suggesting a new box with a physical midi port and a way in(USB?) to make setting changes.
As din midi is the fastest way,(well the only way:-0) to transport midi to my TX816:-) !
I'm sure this is known by you and Sonuus but it's fun to get detailed about this stuff....my wife's eyes usually roll back when I start going down this path!
Thanks James,
Keep up the great work,
Al
Butler

Post by Butler »

One problem which MIDI faces is that it has to be a bit of extra delay to get in after checking the credibility of the NOTE. If we try to check the errors in the initial stage itself, some horrible errors have happened to me.