G2M V2 auto power off - can it be disabled?

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

rhianwillis

G2M V2 auto power off - can it be disabled?

Post by rhianwillis »

Hi guys, I'm using the G2M (love it btw) on my pedalboard in a true bypass loop, so when I have it and the synth module I'm using it with switched out no signal goes to the G2M. That means occasionally the G2M won't see any signal for more than 30 minutes, causing it to power down. So sometimes I'll switch it on mid song, nothing will happen, and I'll have to unplug and plug it back in to make it wake up. Just wanted to know if there was anything I could do to stop the G2M auto switching off? So I don't have to worry about this happening live. I'd have no problem opening it up and modifying it if thats what it would take, I really like using it with my rig. Let me know, cheers :)
Forgot to mention, I'm not using a battery to power it, so I don't need the function.
james
Site Admin

Re: G2M V2 auto power off - can it be disabled?

Post by james »

No, unfortunately there's no way to disable this currently.

We may add something in the future to let this be turned off, but it's not in current production units.
jacksonrice

Post by jacksonrice »

I am using this in a loop off my TC electronic G system. I find this auto power off annoying also. It will shut off between sound check and performance. I might open mine up and try to wire a switch to the 1/4 jack. I would also like to see a 9v input so power could be supplied from a transformer, in my case supplied from the G System rack 9v output. I really want to mount this device in the back of my rack.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

It's best to wire a switch into the cable powering the G2M (usually a 9V supply to a PP3 battery connector). This will let the G2M power off, then when it gets power again it will startup.

Then you don't need to open the G2M and wire anything else in, it can all be done through the PP3 connector.
jacksonrice

Post by jacksonrice »

Thanks James. I will do that. Now I will have to decide where I want that switch and not to forget to use it. I hope a future update of the device will address this. J
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

We are certainly considering this for the next version of the G2M.