g2m korg tr sequencing

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

VNSIGHTLY

g2m korg tr sequencing

Post by VNSIGHTLY »

I just received my g2m v2. After tweaking a couple patches on my synths and finding the "sweet spot" on the strings, I was able to get excellent results from the g2m. Fast and accurate tracking during sweep picking! The sonuus g2m proved to be a good performance tool. But that only covered about 30% of why I bought it. The main reason i wanted to buy it was for programming my sequencer. I use a korg triton tr workstation to do all of my sequencing. When i plug into the tr i can use the sonuus for patches and combination sounds, but when i switch to the sequencer portion of the triton, i can't step sequence or record the midi info from the g2m. Please help! :o
james
Site Admin

Re: g2m korg tr sequencing

Post by james »

It sounds like there's a problem with the step sequencer setup. Do you need to configure that separately to accept incoming MIDI data?
VNSIGHTLY

Post by VNSIGHTLY »

Thanks for the reply! I need to dig up the manual...
VNSIGHTLY

Post by VNSIGHTLY »

Great! I figured it out. I had to go to the global midi menu and switch the "local control" to un-checked. (Also known as "off"). Thanks for your help. Do you guys have a section for user uploaded music?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Great :-)

We don't have a place for user-uploads yet. But, we do have a SoundCloud account (http://soundcloud.com/sonuus) where we can post tracks. If you want to email something, we can upload it. (I've PM'd you my email address.)
VNSIGHTLY

Post by VNSIGHTLY »

Thanks for all of your help james. I'm stoked on the product and service. Keep up the good work.