G2M V1 to V2

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

strashilol

G2M V1 to V2

Post by strashilol »

Hi,

I own a G2M V1 and an I2M. I'm quite satisfied with the I2M, it's an amazing product, especially since the "breath curve" feature has been added to the latest firmware. The tracking is very stable, legato and volume changes are extremely smooth etc.

However, I would like to listen to my raw guitar sound & the corresponding midi sound simultaneously. I do not use an amp, having opted for an E-Bow + M-Audio C400 combination instead. E-Bow provides natural amplification, while C400 adds reverb effects. The resulting sound is very horn-like.

At first I wanted to connect C400's output to my I2M; unfortunately, C400 outputs the reverberated sound, and I2M gets confused. Another option would be to use an Y-cable, but I haven't found any decent ones in Austria, Germany or the UK, for that matter (maybe you could suggest something?..).

I could use my G2M of course, but, according to my experience, its tracking is sub-par to I2M's. I hear people who recently bought G2M got the V2 version which has the same hardware in it as I2M.

Now I wouldn't want to buy a third device (although I like you guys very much and would love to support you); the question is, could I somehow (for a fee perhaps) upgrade my G2M to V2?
james
Site Admin

Re: G2M V1 to V2

Post by james »

Hopefully this should be possible.

I've PM'd you for your personal details.
trompetaman

Post by trompetaman »

Hi, I'm also interested in updating if it's possible. I bought my G2M in 2009 or 2010, so I pretty confident that it's V1. Hope to hear from you.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Yes, sure. I've PM'd you for your details.
beig

Post by beig »

I had great time playing with V1, but if there is a way how to upgrade to V2, I'll be very glad. Thank you.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Yes. Where do you live? Do you want to send me a PM with your details, and the serial number of your G2M and we'll see what we an do for you.
Attila

Post by Attila »

I'm also interested in updating my g2m
serial no. 1007367

james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Sure, PM me with your shipping details.

We are offering an upgrade at half the normal price, so it's £33.33 + VAT, + shipping. We can work out the shipping cost once we know where we're sending it.