Query.Bk7m Usable?

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

Billy

Query.Bk7m Usable?

Post by Billy »

Hi,I'm no genius with Midi but it has helped me a lot in my Gigging career as a Guitar vocalist.
I just need to know if the G2M will completely replace My Gk2 pickup and Gi-10 interface to drive the Roland Bk7m Module.I'll be amazed if it does , :) as it means I can reduce weight of gear for Gigs.
Thanks a million for ANY help you can give.
Billy.
james
Site Admin

Re: Query.Bk7m Usable?

Post by james »

The G2M won't completely replace the GK2 + GI-10 if you use polyphony. For single notes (solos etc) the G2M will replace and indeed can give better results than the GK2 + GI-10, particularly for tracking speed and pitch-bend tracking. But, if you want to play chords, double-stops, etc, the G2M won't do that because it is monophonic.
Billy

Re: Query.Bk7m Usable?

Post by Billy »

james wrote:The G2M won't completely replace the GK2 + GI-10 if you use polyphony. For single notes (solos etc) the G2M will replace and indeed can give better results than the GK2 + GI-10, particularly for tracking speed and pitch-bend tracking. But, if you want to play chords, double-stops, etc, the G2M won't do that because it is monophonic.
Thanks James. ;) I suspected that that might be the case,but-'nothing ventured' eh?
I can get the 'solo' sounds even whilst the styles are playing,(tho' it is pretty limited), so I'll just bear with it for now.
Once again thanks for your quick response.
Bill.