Tutorial to customize the G2M

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

Pille

Tutorial to customize the G2M

Post by Pille »

Hey Sonuus,

i love your G2M very much. Maybe you can make a VideoTutorial to customize the G2M by Software. So you can explain in detail what the Software can do. I have some Problems with the right Setup. I can play all Sounds i want to play, but i think i can do more in detail with the software!? Pitchebend, MidiChanels and so on.

By the way is the BuzzNut to avoid GhostNotes while playing Guitar and to have no other Midi sends while playing one string?

Thanks for support!

Best from Cologne, Germany

Daniel
james
Site Admin

Re: Tutorial to customize the G2M

Post by james »

On the G2M, there's nothing to customise. You can of course tweak your software (DAW, sampler, etc) but there are so many options there, it would be difficult to do a video that would cover everyone.

The i2M musicport, however, can be customised, and indeed it would be nice to do some more demonstration videos to show what you can do with that. For now, we have to focus on some other things (the new Wahoo product for example) which also needs some videos.

Regarding Buznut, yes this helps avoids ghost notes on the open strings which aren't being played. Often you do this by palm muting the unplayed strings, but some people find that difficult. Buznut lets you quickly damp open strings when you want to and slide it to undamp the strings to play normally when required.
Pille

Post by Pille »

Hi James,

thanks for your fast answer. I am sorry, i mean the i2M(i own one), not the G2M. Maybe you get me in touch if there will be a tutorial.

The Whaoo is awesome...i like it very much. Is it heavy enough to be in place? Cause it has no housing which is quite heavy down to earth :-))??

When will be the price announced?

Best from Cologne,

Daniel
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

If you subscribe to our you tube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/sonuusMusic) you will get notified whenever we post any new videos.

Regarding the Wahoo, it weights 1.3kg (without batteries). So it's heavy enough to stay in place when using it, but not too heavy to carry around.

European pricing will be announced very soon. In the US, the list price is $459 (USD). The street price will probably end up being discounted to around $350-$399. We are hoping to keep the UK/Euro list price very similar (so around £300 (GBP)).