G2M in piezo and wireless applications

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

RufatOz

G2M in piezo and wireless applications

Post by RufatOz »

Hello,

1. What about using G2M for nylon string piezo pickup equipped guitars?
2. Did you ever try G2M with wireless system?

By another words, what kind of signal required for G2M for best midi tracking?

Best regards,
Rufat
http://midiguitar.ru
james
Site Admin

Re: G2M in piezo and wireless applications

Post by james »

We have not tried a nylon string guitar, so I can't say what that's like. But, I would expect it to work very well as long as the output level is OK.

For wireless, you mean wireless guitar signal? We haven't tried this but I can't think of any problems if the signal level is suitable.

The G2M has been designed to work with a variety of input signals, it is not so guitar-specific that anything that deviates slightly from this will cause problems. Any type of guitar, or guitar-like signal should work fine. Even vocals works well. The main things you need are:

(1) A suitable signal level. To get best dynamic range and sustain the CLIP LED should be able to be lit when you hit a loud note. Ideally you want to have a level control on the signal going into the G2M if you want to optimise this (like an electric guitar has).

(2) The signal should be "guitar-like" and not have a very different harmonic structure (e.g., brass, or distorted guitar sounds, won't work so well).

(3) The signal should be "clean" with no buzzes from frets (finger noise is not a problem).