New Guy. And of course a question.

Music-related discussion, not necessarily related to SONUUS products.

Moderators: johnmc, james

kgpace

New Guy. And of course a question.

Post by kgpace »

Hello Forum. This is my first visit and I must say this is a cool Forum. I am new to midi/synth and could sure use some help getting some sounds from my Guitar through a Roland GR1 synth. Will the sonuus g2m work with this? What are the necessary settings? I have everything connected properly I think and no sound. Any help is very welcome. Thanks.
johnmc
Site Admin

Re: New Guy. And of course a question.

Post by johnmc »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

From a quick look at the GR-1 manual (which I found on the Roland US website), it looks like you may need to change the MIDI receive channels on the GR-1 parts. The G2M transmits on MIDI channel 1 (this can not be changed) and the GR-1 default receive channels are listed on page 6-12 of their manual. They are Part 1: ch 2, Part 2 : ch 3, Part 3 : ch 4, Part 4 : ch 10.

The method to change the the GR-1 receive channel is shown on pages 6-15/6-16.

John.
Stifiejohn

Post by Stifiejohn »

This is a very cool forum and liked by music lovers. we can add here about the various instrument in which we have interest. I Love to play guitar and I am new to this. but I like to play it when I have free time.
denmarker

Post by denmarker »

hi i am new too. was looking for an introductory section, and i guess this is it. i was recommended to sonuus but someone who has been playing for years, told me i shld not ever be wrong with sonuus. hope to learn new stuff here