Compatibility with iPad MIDI / Audio

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Re: Compatibility with iPad MIDI / Audio

Postby Min119 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:44 pm

james wrote:Apple have released their new iOS (4.2) for iPad, and we can confirm that the i2M musicport MIDI works with this. Using the free "MIDI Monitor" application, you can see that it works correctly. This should also work on the iPhone4, but we've not tested that yet.

To connect the i2M musicport to the iPad, you need the "USB Camera Connection Kit".
ipad 2 cases
Audio input from the i2M musicport also works on the iPad, and has done since iOS 3.2.

Seems little to understand what u wanted to say as I never used ipad2, But I believe I pad3 is better.
Min119

Postby Ignitor » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:18 am

Just got the iPad camera kit for my iPad2

The i2m works brilliantly with the iPad Garageband (both audio and midi!) without powered USB hub.

I did a quick song with both audio and midi guitars and then transferred it to my mac via iTunes.

Opened the song in Logic Pro and turned off the guitar amp and pedals to listen to the clean recorded sound.
I used Steinberger Synapse guitar with the piezos to get the idea of the high end and noise. It sounds VERY good!

So finally a Pro way to have a light mobile unit to start on your songs and then move them into Logic Pro finish them up.

Absolutely Fantastic :ugeek:
Ignitor

Postby acaonweb » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:01 am

just a question: no problem with the ios error about power consumption?
Mani MIDI keaboards needs to pass through a powered USB HUB, since iOS 4.2 and more...
Can u confirm that with iOS it works without power consume issues?
Thanx in advance.
acaonweb

Postby james » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:20 pm

It's certainly not a problem on the iPad 1, I can't confirm about the iPad2 because I don't have one. Maybe Ignitor can confirm there are no power issues?
james
Site Admin

Previous

Return to i2M musicport™ Support