G2M and ipad2

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

acaonweb

G2M and ipad2

Post by acaonweb »

hi guys
does g2m works with ipad2 ios 4.3.3 using camera connection kit and this cable http://www.audiotrak.net/products/xpmidimate/

thanx in advance
james
Site Admin

Re: G2M and ipad2

Post by james »

We haven't tested it, but the G2M is standard MIDI, so if the XP MIDI Mate works with the iPad, the G2M will work. It's worth checking that the XP MIDI Mate works with the iPad, because not every MIDI accessory does.
acaonweb

Post by acaonweb »

yes, it works :)
Well, seems g2m is more flexible than i2m, because i can use it without a computer but on dedicated hardware too :), right?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Yes, the G2M will work on external hardware too.

In terms of configurability, the i2M is more flexible because there are lots of options and MIDI parameters you can set, but it does require a USB host.
coline123

Post by coline123 »

What is G2M please tell me about this.I have no idea about this.Is this any thing which use in Ipad2.I hope you will share about this over here.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

The G2M does pitch to standard 5-pin MIDI, so you need a MIDI interface for the iPad to use this:

http://www.sonuus.com/products_g2m.html

The i2M musicport does pitch to USB MIDI, you need a USB connection to the iPad (i.e., the Camera Connection Kit from Apple):

http://www.sonuus.com/products_i2m_mp.html
adelaide887

Post by adelaide887 »

yeah.... how about g2m with iphone 4s....?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I don't know if the iPhone 4s works with USB devices, using the camera connection kit or otherwise. I don't have one here... anyone reading this know if it does?

However, if a 3rd party MIDI interface works on the iPhone 4s, then the G2M will work -- it's standard MIDI.
harveyronn

Post by harveyronn »

acaonweb wrote:yes, it works :)
Well, seems g2m is more flexible than i2m, because i can use it without a computer but on dedicated hardware too :), right?
Pardon for interrupting disturbance in this thread but I'm totally agreed with you that g2m is more better to be a use to hardware device as compare to i2m. Prefer g3m first for better result. On the terms of G2m with ipad, I suggest it best for, allow to play every midi instruments in your favourite iPad. :) What say??