Sonuus G2M Not Recognized

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

Jsted62

Sonuus G2M Not Recognized

Post by Jsted62 »

I'm trying to plug in my Sonuus G2M but my new Windows 7, 64bit laptop tries to install drivers and then says failed. I had plugged into my old Windows 7, 64bit laptop and gotten G2M to work. I use Mixcraft 5 for MIDI and my MIDI USB keyboard has no problem.

What steps can i take to get my new laptop to recognize my G2M?
james
Site Admin

Re: Sonuus G2M Not Recognized

Post by james »

The G2M does not require any drivers. You need to connect it to a standard 5-pin MIDI input. So, presumably the problem is with the MIDI input device (a USB device, I assume) that you are using?
Jsted62

Post by Jsted62 »

I am connecting with the same 5-pin MIDI input I used on my last laptop. When I plug it into my new laptop Windows 7 looks for a driver and then says it cannot find one. In Device Manager it is listed as "unkown device" with a question mark. When I open Mixcraft 5 it doesn't recognize that the MIDI device is there - it worked on my old laptop.

Is there a generic Windows 7 MIDI app that I need on the new one to recognize my Sonuus G2M that might have been on my old laptop but still needs to be installed on the new one?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

The problem is not the G2M, but with your 5-pin MIDI input.

Was your previous computer 64-bit Windows? 64-bit Windows needs different drivers than 32-bit windows. If a device uses standard "class-compliant" USB descriptors, the drivers are built-in to Windows (our i2M musicport does this). It sounds like your device doesn't use this and needs it's own drivers. What device is it? If it needs its own drivers, perhaps there aren't any available for 64-bit Windows. If that's the case, you won't be able to use it.
Jsted62

Post by Jsted62 »

That was the problem - I connected with another 5-pin MIDI input and it worked. Thanks very much for your help.