How difficult to use software?

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

wavesofsound

How difficult to use software?

Post by wavesofsound »

After looking into the software for the Wahoo, it just looks kind daunting to come up with my own sounds/settings. Are there any kind of templates to help get us started? Are the Wahoo factory presets in the pedal available for viewing in the software for a starting point? Does one need to be an audio engineer to come up with their own sounds? Thanks for any tips.

Edit: What I'd love to see is a way to share your own custom presets for the Wahoo. So let's say I or someone else creates a cool new sound, they can then upload the preset so they can share it with others. Would be a great way to get and share new sounds for the Wahoo. :)
james
Site Admin

Re: How difficult to use software?

Post by james »

The Wahoo software is very easy to use. The main thing is to not start out by worrying about the details and how it all fits together, but simple tweak the main parameters and listen to how it sounds. Once you get more familiar with the Wahoo you can then fine-tune everything to get exactly what you need.

All the factory presets are shown in the editor, so you can easily use these as a starting point. We suggest you do this to walk through the presets to see how they are put together. Very quickly, you'll understand what's going on.

Have you read the pdf manual for the software? If can be found here: http://www.sonuus.com/downloads/sonuus-Wahoo-Editor.pdf

You can use the forum to share presets (we encourage this). But there wasn't a dedicated place to do this so I have just created a "presets" category to make it easier to find presets that have been shared. Now, we just need users to add presets there.

We are also here to help if you are trying to get a particular sound and are not able to pin down exactly what to do.
wavesofsound

Post by wavesofsound »

Thanks very much James.
wavesofsound

Post by wavesofsound »

Just a suggestion, but perhaps someone from Sonuus (Wahoo experts) could put up a new preset every 30 days or something like that, to help get the ball rolling.
digi2t

Post by digi2t »

wavesofsound wrote:Just a suggestion, but perhaps someone from Sonuus (Wahoo experts) could put up a new preset every 30 days or something like that, to help get the ball rolling.
Maybe it would be better if users had a place to upload patches. A patch library, like the one Digitech has for the GNX series floor processors. I have a GNX3, and it nice to go through some of the patches that other create. You can even upload sound clips, so people can listen to a sound byte of the patch.

Just a thought.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

digi2t wrote:Maybe it would be better if users had a place to upload patches. A patch library, like the one Digitech has for the GNX series floor processors. I have a GNX3, and it nice to go through some of the patches that other create. You can even upload sound clips, so people can listen to a sound byte of the patch.
I don't disagree, and this is something we'd like to be able to implement. However, we don't have the time or resources to devote to something like this currently.