Software improvement suggestions

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

Flop54

Re: Software improvement suggestions

Post by Flop54 »

Ok i understand!
Now I will annoy you in the volume section because I wait impatiently voluum!
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

Hello would you have some times to think about my idea? Because if this Idea will become reality I will buy the voluum quickly!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

We've been too busy with the Voluum to do much on the Wahoo. A new firmware (beta) for the Wahoo was released recently with various additions, but many of these were older suggestions. viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1152

On the Voluum, we have added two LFOs as you suggested, and we are very happy with the results.

Have you seen the new video of the Voluum? http://youtu.be/1zoS0wmwqu8
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

I saw the video and the update. I find the both really exiting.. How work The two LFO on the voluum?
Sorry for my impatience but I would buy the voluum if the wahoo can make approximately the same sound than the subdecay prometheus..
I really love your product and I want use the wahoo more..

Thank you
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

In the Voluum, usually there is one LFO. You can turn on "duo" mode to get two LFOs. When this is done, the second LFO has its tempo locked to the first LFO (they use the same bpm, or MIDI sync clock), but you can set different waveforms, depth, tempo divisions, phase (between LFO1 and LFO2). Because these parameters can be modulated, you can do things like fade from one LFO to another by modulating the depth of both LFOs; or make the sound more simple or more complex as you fade one of the LFOs and keep the other constant -- lots of possibilities.

You can get the Voluum user manual from here: http://www.sonuus.com/products_voluum_docs.html
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

Ok thank you very much. If I understand the two LFO are in parallels.. I hope you will do something like I ask you because I think it can sound really really good!
Thank you for your quickly respond!!!!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

The LFOs are essentially in series, not parallel.
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

I have a little hard to understand but I can not wait to listen and see examples ...
mjkl

Post by mjkl »

Hi,

Would it be possible to set the LFO in hertz rather than bpm? Also, to expand the upper range of possible tempo?

All the best,
Mark
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Setting in Hz would be possible. We didn't do this initially to keep it simple. You are the first person to ask about this! I will add it to the list of requested changes.

BPM speed is limited by hardware, so above a certain speed the hardware won't be able to keep up.