Software improvement suggestions

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

Flop54

Re: Software improvement suggestions

Post by Flop54 »

You mean that it's work with the last update?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Yes. In the latest beta.
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

Sorry i don't remember that... And what about the two LFO in parallel you think it would be possible?
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

With some of the new features included in the latest firmware release, could Sonuus please post a couple of sample presets which make use of the newer features? This would be helpful for all of us trying to see what new tricks are now available to us. Thanks.
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

I have a question. When I use the step knob, I think that the curve is separeted with equal longer but when I hear it seem to not be constant. Isn't it?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

With envelope in step mode, the step sizes will depend on the shape of the envelope as well as the curve. Usually they will not be evenly spaced in time. But you may be able to get it close to being linear by adjusting the filter curve parameter to compensate for the envelope decay, which depends on your instrument and how you are playing.
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

No it's not in the enveloppe mode but in the lfo mode.
It's my preset.

Thank you
Attachments
grand pimp.wahoo
(452 Bytes) Downloaded 777 times
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Thanks for sending your preset. This was very helpful.

I found two problems and I have fixed these in an updated firmware (attached, version 1.2.02). Please try this to see if it fixes your problems.

(1) LFO steps need to be handled differently on waveforms that restart (like saw-up and saw-down) compared to waveforms that go back and forward (sine, triangle etc). The firmware has been modified to take care of this, so now I think LFO steps will work as you expect with saw-up waveform. You can set phase to 0, and it should work as you expect.

(2) LFO retrigger was broken. Recent internal improvements in the firmware caused the retrigger to be broken. It is now fixed.
Attachments
Wahoo_1_0202.sfu
Wahoo firmware version 1.2.02 -- to test some LFO fixes.
(104.05 KiB) Downloaded 791 times
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

I will test it tomorrow to.. But it seem to be ok.. Anyway I try the other waveforms and with sine and triangle the curve is not separate with equal time. Is it normal?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Attached is a bug fix for the retrigger phase not working correctly with the LFO.

Regarding equal time, I tested it and it did seem correct. So I believe what you are seeing is normal. If you disagree, please post another preset and I will check what you find.
Attachments
Wahoo_1_0202a.sfu
Wahoo firmware 1.2.02 (a). Update to fix LFO retrigger phase.
(104.05 KiB) Downloaded 758 times