More PitchBend range

All general pitch-to-MIDI thoughts, suggestions, complaints, etc.

Moderators: johnmc, james

BertAnt

More PitchBend range

Post by BertAnt »

I think this is what everybody will expect, especially that GM compatible synths has RPN 00 for adjusting the range..
james
Site Admin

Re: More PitchBend range

Post by james »

Our new i2M musicport has the option for more pitch-bend range.

Out of the box, it has the same as the G2M/B2M (+/-2 semitones) for maximum compatibility, but can be changed to anything from 0(chromatic) to 36 semitones. It also sends the pitch bend RPN message, but we've found that lots of software synths don't seem to support this message, which is a pity.
BertAnt

Post by BertAnt »

that's good news, awesome ! i'm also very impressed with the all new possibilities from i2M, especially the amplitude to CC 2 converter within the wind / vocal mode....would be cool if the option is available on all modes too, and can be turned on / off freely :D

also with the ASIO audio interface I/O, i think it definitely is THE ultimate USB music port ! :D
james wrote:Out of the box, it has the same as the G2M/B2M (+/-2 semitones) for maximum compatibility, but can be changed to anything from 0(chromatic) to 36 semitones. It also sends the pitch bend RPN message, but we've found that lots of software synths don't seem to support this message, which is a pity.
yes, i kinda disappointed by the fact that the majority of soft synths doesn't have RPN pitch sens. support... i mean they had nothing to lose to add that option anyway, but on the other hand it'll be very useful to be able to control the range via MIDI in realtime...maybe the soft synths manufacturer thought GM is obsolete and there's no point following the GM compatible spec anymore :roll:
strashilol

Post by strashilol »

i'm also very impressed with the all new possibilities from i2M, especially the amplitude to CC 2 converter within the wind / vocal mode....would be cool if the option is available on all modes too, and can be turned on / off freely
Hey BertAnt, I've just requested the same thing in another topic, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=353 . james' response was
Saying that, the firmware on the i2M musicport is upgradeable, so we can add this into guitar/bass modes if there is demand for it.
Could you perhaps write a word or two about it in my topic? I mean, two people are already a crowd here, so there's a chance the sonuus guys will issue a firmware upgrade :)