Volume tracking

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

strashilol

Re: Velocity tracking

Post by strashilol »

It has been added to the list of future features
"Future features" as in the "features of our next product" or as in the "future upgrade for the current one"? I thought you said you could issue a new version of the firmware?..
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Future features of the i2M musicport of course :D
strashilol

Post by strashilol »

Thank you very much, james! As I've already said, I (and, I'm sure, all of the others members of the board too) really appreciate the support you are giving us!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Thank you, it's nice to feel appreciated. We do try to answer all support issues quickly and accurately. Sometimes this isn't possible, but we do get there in the end!
BertAnt

Post by BertAnt »

strashilol wrote:james, PLEASE NOTE that another guy, BertAnt, has also requested volume tracking for the guitar mode! Please see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31 , the last post.
confirmed ;)
james wrote:It has been added to the list of future features.

Another reason for not having this by default is we didn't want the additional data to annoy users that don't want it. So we will look at making this as option that can be enabled when required.
i'm sure it will add a more 'analog guitar synth feel' to certain types of sound such as pad, or synthetic waveforms like saw/square wave :)

would also be cool if it has adjustable attack / release or such, to further manipulate the 'converted' dynamic response from the guitar ;)
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

would also be cool if it has adjustable attack / release or such, to further manipulate the 'converted' dynamic response from the guitar ;)
A lot of things like this can be done on the synth/samples, but of course it depends on how configurable the synth is. For example, it's not unusual to have things that can be linked to the note velocity, such as attack, filter cut-off etc.

The other issue is that not all synths respond to standard controllers to let you adjust things like attack/release via MIDI.
BertAnt

Post by BertAnt »

james wrote: A lot of things like this can be done on the synth/samples, but of course it depends on how configurable the synth is. For example, it's not unusual to have things that can be linked to the note velocity, such as attack, filter cut-off etc.

The other issue is that not all synths respond to standard controllers to let you adjust things like attack/release via MIDI.
my mistake, i didn't mean velocity, but i was referring to the envelope follower... i think it'll be great if we can configure / 'tweak' the way it converts guitar volume into MIDI controller data :)
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Ah, understood :D
strashilol

Post by strashilol »

Thanks a lot for responding, BertAnt! I too think that incorporating volume tracking into the "guitar mode" is absolutely essential...

BTW, james, any news on shipping dates for Austria? Peterson Tuners have been displaying the "Shipping soon" sign for some time now, and our local Peterson dealer, Klangfarbe, has no info on the new product whatsoever :(
james
Site Admin

Re: Volume tracking

Post by james »

We don't have any guaranteed shipping date yet, but we are pushing to get this into the stores in time before Christmas.