Latest version 0.9.3.

Dedicated forum for feedback and support on the ASIO driver for the i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface.

Moderators: johnmc, james

james
Site Admin

Latest version 0.9.3.

Post by james »

The latest version of the i2M musicport ASIO driver is now Version 0.9.3. This has had many internal changes to improve compatibility with numerous hosts and seems be working well with many setups. We've not had any reports of problems with this version.

We suggest you try this latest version if you want to use the ASIO feature. It can be downloaded from our software download page (you need to create an account if you haven't got one already): http://software.sonuus.com

Now this version seems stable, we'll soon be starting work to make it work with 64-bit hosts.

Please report any problems or suggestions in this forum.
jeffh

Re: Latest version 0.9.3.

Post by jeffh »

Under ASIO, I can select either the i2m's audio input or my firewire mixer's 10 track audio inputs, but not both, which would be ideal. Impossible?
Regardless, we're currently using it with an AUX send for guitar and/or voice and it's great.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

The way ASIO was designed was to allow one and only one ASIO device to be active at one time. This makes it impossible to use more than one ASIO device at a time (using the standard ASIO hosting libraries that Steinberg provide).

With the i2M ASIO driver, we worked around this to allow the i2M ASIO driver to host another ASIO device as an output (unconventional, but very useful). But, we still don't allow another ASIO device to be used as an input.

So, the short answer is: no, you can't have two inputs from different ASIO drivers active at the same time, unfortunately.
AndrewKeebs

Post by AndrewKeebs »

Is it better then 64-bit ASIO. I had used i2M ASIO as well. Actually I looking for perfection in numerous hosts for better creative rhythms. I wish this might can help me. Because I still did not tried it.