i2M Firmware upgrade bug.

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

dlev

i2M Firmware upgrade bug.

Post by dlev »

Hi guys, i upgraded to the latest version of the firmware for the i2M (v1.1.00) and this caused the i2M to freeze after playing a few notes. Im using a guitar.

DAW: Cuebase 5

VSTi: Trilogy Bass module

I rolled the firmware back to v1.0.00 without issue, and now everything works fine again.
james
Site Admin

Re: i2M Firmware upgrade bug.

Post by james »

We haven't seen this, so I doubt it's the 1.1.00 update.

Can you update again to see if there was some problem with the update the first time you did it?

If this happens again, when it freezes does the USB audio input continue to work correctly, or is that also frozen? Does the i2M Editor work, or is that locked out too?
dlev

Post by dlev »

That seems to have fixed it, thanks a lot.

I'll repost if anything changes.

Great product btw, i think you could probably double your price for it.
dlev

Post by dlev »

Ok now the problem is back.

When changing a setting in the controller software, the device stopped working, im still able to change modes and stuff using the software but not able to play anything through it.

Shutting down and restarting the DAW allowed me to use it again, however starting the controller software after doing this caused the same problem again.

Starting the DAW with the controller software already open prevents this, however if i change anything the device stops again.

Rolling back :)
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I am very pleased to hear you like our product. Hopefully, we can solve these problems for you quickly.

I am wondering if the i2M is crashing when you change a particular setting. It's possible you are doing something no-one has done before so the problem hasn't been seen before. If the i2M crashes, it will pause for a few seconds then restart. This will look to the computer like an unplug/replug so although the editor will continue to see it correctly (because it handles hot-plugging) a DAW may not. This might explain why restarting the DAW works because it can then find the i2M MIDI input again.

When it stops, does the editor grey-out briefly? This signifies a "disconnect" state.

Does the LED on the i2M briefly go red? This indicates it has started up, but not yet connected to the computer.

Maybe you can send us your configuration file (on the i2M Editor, Use "Save All" to create a file and send it to us (support _at_ sonuus.com; or attach to this post). Also explain what kind of things you were doing and we'll try to reproduce the problem. If we can reproduce it, we should be able to fix it quickly.