Modding a Wahoo

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

wavesofsound

Modding a Wahoo

Post by wavesofsound »

Is it possible to mod a Wahoo in the future so I can plug in my own expression pedal should the built-in pedal fail for some reason and/or the pedal is out of warranty? I mean actually putting in a physical jack myself so I could plug in a compatible expression pedal of my own choosing. Is this a fairly easy mod to perform or have done by someone experienced in doing pedal mods? Thanks for any info.
james
Site Admin

Re: Modding a Wahoo

Post by james »

This is actually possible, but not intended for end-user modification so you need to be careful. There are 3 pads on one of the PCBs to which you can connect an expression pedal. There is no protection on this against ESD or rogue voltages being applied to it, so you'd have to be careful, or add that protection yourself. If you want the details of this, send me a PM and I'll send you more info.

However, the pedal on the Wahoo is designed not to fail, unlike an expression pedal that uses a pot which are notoriously unreliable.

If your Wahoo pedal fails because of some electrical problem, and it is out of warranty, we will still repair it for you at minimal cost anyway.
Wahberheimer

Re: Modding a Wahoo

Post by Wahberheimer »

You guys are so cool!