wahoo

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

wahoo

Post by 474747 »

Is it possible to get a boost when the wah is on. I had a look at the manual and level goes to 100%. I like, say 10-20 db of boost to cut through the mix.
Also, I think I read that you can program the wah to come on when the foot pedal is touched( not the foot switch) it that right?
Please advise. Kind regards steve.
james
Site Admin

Re: wahoo

Post by james »

Hi Steve,

Yes, you can get quite a bit of boost from the Wahoo. Ultimately, the output will start to clip at high boost, but it does so softly so you get a nice overdrive sound from it, rather than harsh clipping. For most purposes, maximum boost is too loud, so you should be ok.

The filter itself has some cut/boost depending on how its set up. For example, with lots of resonance, it inherently has some boost in it. So the output level lets you adjust the output to get what you want.

You can configure the pedal to turn the effect on in a few ways:

(1) Pedal does not turn the effect on/off.

(2) Pedal turns the effect on when it gets to the "toe-down" position. Use the foot switch to turn the effect off

(3) Pedal turns the effect on when it gets to the "tow-down" position, and turns the effect off when it returns to the "heel-down" position (after a timeout which you can configure).

(4) Pedal turns the effect on when it gets to the "heel-down" position, and turns the effect off when it returns to the "toe-down" position (after a timeout which you can configure).

Post by 474747 »

Dear James,
Thank for that. I have a couple of more wahs to try out. Will let you know if I would like to buy one. Maybe you can do me a red hot deal??
Kind regards steve.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Where are you (which country)?

We currently have a few B-Grade (ex-demo) Wahoos available on our eBay store at a good price, if you want a bargain.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/sonuuslimited

Post by 474747 »

Dear James,
I have now got my wahoo pedal. I brought a new one . (Which reminds me I must do the warranty thing ) I have a question for you, I have read the manual and was wanting to know how to get the pedal to turn on the wah, in the toe position and turn off in the heel position. At the moment it turns on in the toe down position, but I am a little unsure how to get it to turn off,(in the heel position) other than using the foot switch. Please advise.
Kind regards steve.
p.s From my brief play it sounds like its going to be a winner!!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Hi Steve,

Glad to hear you got a Wahoo and have started getting some good sounds already.

To configure the pedal to do what you want, first make sure you have installed the latest firmware (this feature was added recently and isn't in the firmware installed during manufacture).

Using the Wahoo desktop editor, you can select this option by going to the Setup page, and on Settings (on the right) for "pedal effect enable" select "On/Off (heel)".

You can do the same thing on the Wahoo itself, by going into the custom settings. Press and hold the mode knob for 2 seconds. Use the up button until you get to the "P.En" parameter. Then select "o.Lo".

This will turn the effect on when the pedal moves from the heel position (i.e., it goes towards the toe position), and off again when it returns to the heel position. The time-out for turn-off, in seconds, is set by the "effect off time (s)" ("P.ti" shown on the Wahoo).