changeing presets up/down

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

changeing presets up/down

Post by 474747 »

Dear James,
I have finally got my wahoo up and running with the new soft ware, I did have a problem with getting the pedal to work heel up off and on,. But I recallabratded the pedal and all good. My question is there any way to go up and down the programs (pre sets or factory) using an external foot switch. Like something with an up and down button. Like a tce midi mouse type of thing. I find having to hold the foot switch down and the foot pedal heel up etc a bit of a hassle. Kind regard steve.
james
Site Admin

Re: changeing presets up/down

Post by james »

There is no way to connect an external footswitch to the Wahoo.

You can, however, change presets using MIDI (over USB) so you can automate preset changes, or use a MIDI foot controller as a "footswitch" to select presets.

Post by 474747 »

Thanks again James. Ok I have had a look for some usb cables to midi but they seem to have the wrong plug ( a flat usb type) not the square type on the wahoo. Is there a cable out there that goes from the wahoo to midi? ( male fitting). I have had a quick look on ebay but could not find any thing. If you could give me the name of the cable that would be great. Square usb to male midi. Then I can plug the wahoo straight into a midi board/switch. Please advise Kind regards steve.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

You can't use a simple cable to connect MIDI to the Wahoo USB because the Wahoo is a "USB Device" and all the USB intelligence is inside the "USB Host", which is typically a computer. USB was designed to be one-sided so that the host does all the work.

However, there are USB Host adapters available that include these host features to allow you to connect directly to the Wahoo (or any other USB MIDI device) without a computer. This one from Kenton has been tested to work well with the Wahoo:

http://www.kentonuk.com/products/items/ ... host.shtml