G2M iOS App Not Working

The Sonuus G2M™ iOS app

Moderators: johnmc, james

Philjames

G2M iOS App Not Working

Post by Philjames »

Having just downloaded the app, it simply isn't working, in that it doesn't register any signal input, be it the MIDI aspect or even the tuner. To clarify, I have tried using the internal mic, a headphone-based interface (iRig) and a dock interface (Apogee Jam), but the result is always the same. I know they are all working, as are my leads and guitar, because I have tested them on other apps.

Any ideas as to why this should be? Is iOS7 to blame? If so, any fixes/updates on the horizon?
james
Site Admin

Re: G2M iOS App Not Working

Post by james »

This might be an iOS7 problem. We have seen something similar on another app we co-developed, and have subsequently fixed that. If this is the same problem, we hope to have a fix out soon to resolve it.

If you close the G2M app completely (i.e., don't simply leave it running in the background), does it work again the first time you run it?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

We've not been able to reproduce this on iOS7 -- the input is working just fine.

What iOS device are you using (iPad, iPhone, etc)?
Philjames

Post by Philjames »

The hardware is an iPad2. Totally closing down the app, and indeed, the iPad, doesn't make any difference.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

We've tested on an iPad2 with iOS7 and not had any problems.

Can you please check a few things for me:

(1) Is the "power" turned on in the G2M app -- the power icon in the app's tool bar? This stops audio input, so if turned off, this would explain the problem.

(2) When the power is on, do you see any activity on the display? The input meter should move, and the display should scroll with notes when it detects sound.

(3) If you go to settings and set "Background Audio" to "on", then put the app to the background, you should get a red bar shown with "Sonuus G2M (Recording)" to indicate that it is still processing audio in the background.
Philjames

Post by Philjames »

1) The power is on within the app by default, but I did try switching it off and on to no avail.

2) There is no activity of any description, regardless of input.

3) When the app is in the background there is the red title bar that says 'Sonuus G2M (Recording); however, no audio is being processed.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Currently, I can't think of what the problem could be. It should be responding. For example, using the built-in mic the tuner display should easily respond to you talking/whistling.

Do you have any other apps running in the background, in particular anything that could be affecting the audio?
Philjames

Post by Philjames »

I have tested the app both on its own and with other apps open. I am particularly interested in getting it to work with Alchemy from Camel Audio, which, incidentally, picks up the MIDI connection to G2M in its settings, but of course, no audio is processed because there is no signal being registered by G2M, even via the mic input.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Clearly, the G2M is getting audio (the red bar is showing) but it looks like there is nothing in the audio so it can't do anything with it.

Can you two things for me, please:

(1) Uninstall the G2M app (i.e., delete it) then reboot the iPad, then install the G2M app again. You shouldn't be asked to pay for it again because it's already on your account. See if this makes any difference. It's unlikely, but in rare situations we have seen the strangest problems that have been solved by a reinstall of an app.

(2) Try our other app, FLAME (which is the tuner of the G2M app on it's own). I've sent you a PM with a promo code so you don't need to pay for that. See if this works, or has the same problem.
mharle

Post by mharle »

I'm having the same problem. I get no response from the tuner, even thought the red "recording bar shows. This happens using the mic as well as when plugged in to my Alesis i/o dock. I got a free version of Jam Origins midi guitar app, and it works fine (until they tell you to upgrade). So I know everything is hooked up and working properly. I'm running G2M on an ipad 4 with iOS 7. Very frustrating and time-consuming.