Software improvement suggestion

For the Voluum™ Digitally-Controlled Analogue Volume Effects Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

Flop54

Software improvement suggestion

Post by Flop54 »

Hye !

I think that the voluum have the same problem than the wahoo before you solved it..

The LFOs do free-run, but they need to be reset when the effect is enabled to start always at the same position each time.
james
Site Admin

Re: Software improvement suggestion

Post by james »

Hey, you are probably right!

We'll take a look at it. Thanks for reporting.
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

Thank you very much...
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

Hello,

What is The Check box rettriger? Isn't it a option to reset the LFO when the effect is on?

And if I use a -55 db square LFO. The effect will do -55 0 -55 0. If I want to inverse it like 0 -55 0 -55 I can do it with the phase knob?

Thank you very much
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

What is The Check box rettriger? Isn't it a option to reset the LFO when the effect is on?
This resets the LFO when you play a new note, or chord. It uses clever envelope detection to analyse what you are playing to work out when this happens.
And if I use a -55 db square LFO. The effect will do -55 0 -55 0. If I want to inverse it like 0 -55 0 -55 I can do it with the phase knob?
Yes, set the phase to 32 to get this. (32 is half-way.)
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

Sorry i see that this morning at the breakfast when I read the manual again... So I will test with a midi sync today and I will talk to you if I find any problem...
Anyway I can't use the phase with out the rettriger.. So I can't have a tremolo doing 0 -55 0 -55...
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

You are correct: without the retrigger, the LFO is free-running, so phase doesn't (and can't) do anything.

However, with the recent changes to allow the LFO to reset on effect enable, the phase could be used to adjust this. Although it will be confusing most of the time, because it will appear to have no effect while the Voluum is active.

Let me know how you get on with MIDI sync.
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

Great!! The volume with midi sync is really simple and easy to use! We need just the possibility to phase the tremolo.
What is new with the 9.5.0.05? I've doing the update today...
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

Hello it will be a long time!!! I've doing the update today with the new firmware. I have the same problem again. Is it possible to invert the tremolo's curve I try to use the phase button but I don't hear the difference. When I use a slow tempo the tremolo begin always with no sound... Don't I understand something?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Please post your preset file here (save it with the editor) and I'll have a look at it for you.