Tycobrahe Parapedal Settings?

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

benevan

Tycobrahe Parapedal Settings?

Post by benevan »

Is there are a preset or settings to match the unique wah tone of the Tycobrahe Parapedal? Would love to have that patch on my Wahoo.
james
Site Admin

Re: Tycobrahe Parapedal Settings?

Post by james »

I hadn't actually heard of the Tycobrahe Parapedal. Had a quick look, and it's certainly very expensive now, if you can even find one!

Anyone got one of these who could help create a Wahoo preset?
benevan

Post by benevan »

There are a couple of Parapedal clones that I am aware of like the Chicago Iron Parachute or the Wilson Freaker Wah which are current production models and much more affordable than a vintage Parapedal, but can be expensive in their own right (especially the Parachute).

I tried a Parachute once many years ago but have never owned one. It is a very cool and unique wah tone, but would have limited use. That is why I think it would be great in the Wahoo format, as opposed to a stand alone effect – call it up for a song or two, then change to a more traditional wah or envelope setting.

While it may not have been the original intention of the Wahoo, being an emulator vintage/classic wahs would be a great feature. To my knowledge there isn´t a dedicated wah emulation effect unit on the market that has this capability.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Being able to emulate other, particularly vintage, Wah's and envelope filters was one goal of the Wahoo. It's analogue, not digital, so it may not always be possible to get a perfect emulation, but for most things it does a good job. The hardest part is getting hold of pedals to clone.