Sawp?

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

Flex

Sawp?

Post by Flex »

Sawp can't be used in pitch tracking mod? Doesn't work for me

In pitch tracking mod,parameters with bass is very limited:
I must be on 99 on frequency adjsut so that it follow my note...

Amplitud is not useful with bass:
lets say i'm playing a low G and I want to go on octave G and want to ear the filter going on max of igh freq...it's not possible...

assigning the pedal to high or low parameters even in pitch track or envelop mode would be great

the pedal would be a usefull tool to me but things like that are not fully developed, and lots of possible upgrade would be great (read it in this forum) but you're not updating it...why?
Lot's of company are making this error, it's one of the difference with high quality company...making a great tool and develop it so that it's possibility can be totally used in creation...
james
Site Admin

Re: Sawp?

Post by james »

Sawp can't be used in pitch tracking mod? Doesn't work for me
Yes (sort of). In pitch-track mode the high and low frequencies simply set the maximum and minimum frequency that the filter will sweep to to follow your note. This lets you limit the range if you want to.

Swap will swap the Q and this will apply different Q at the hi and lo sides of the sweep.
In pitch tracking mod,parameters with bass is very limited:
I must be on 99 on frequency adjsut so that it follow my note...
We've never had problems, and have demoed this at trade shows many times (we even have some videos at trade shows showing this).

For very low notes, make sure the "instrument" is set to bass (4- or 5-string) in the custom settings.

Maybe the calibration of the filters is wrong? The user manual page 28 explains how to check and change this calibration. However, these are calibrated at the factory and don't change by much.

Is the frequency range (freq-lo and freq-hi) wide enough to allow the filter to track the notes you are playing?
Amplitud is not useful with bass:
lets say i'm playing a low G and I want to go on octave G and want to ear the filter going on max of igh freq...it's not possible...
I don't understand what you mean here.
the pedal would be a usefull tool to me but things like that are not fully developed, and lots of possible upgrade would be great (read it in this forum) but you're not updating it...why?
We had to strike a fine balance between making it do everything possible, and keeping it simple to use. However, we have been doing firmware updates since the Wahoo was released to add new features. You can now use the pedal to control parameters in envelope mode (you turn on pedal control and you can set a hi- and lo- value for each of the parameters and the pedal lets you move smoothly between these extremes).
Lot's of company are making this error, it's one of the difference with high quality company...making a great tool and develop it so that it's possibility can be totally used in creation...
I agree. That's why we keep updating our products and design them to be firmware upgradeable. We are a small company and have to share our resources between updating all our existing products and designing new ones.