filters midi-in

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

james
Site Admin

Re: filters midi-in

Post by james »

Can you post some of your preset files here for us to look at? It will make talking about it much easier if we can try to reproduce what you are doing. Just save the preset to a file using the desktop editor and attach to the forum post.
icarusi

Post by icarusi »

I used it with resonances at 100 so I could hear the sweep. I've since tried it with 220-1760Hz and the non-linearity of the sweeep is more pronounced. Also tried 220-440Hz and 880-1760Hz with similar results to 440-880Hz. It sounds like the leading and trailing edges of the bottom of the wave are steeper than the rest of the wave which behaves more like I'd expect. OTOH if you're getting linear sweeps with these settings, something's off with my partiular unit.
Attachments
my7.wahoo
(468 Bytes) Downloaded 541 times
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Sorry the the delay in replying. For some reason I didn't receive an email notification for your post.

Your preset is working as I'd expect. The sweep is linear.

I wonder if you actually don't want a linear sweep, but a logarithmic/exponential sweep instead? Note frequency increase exponentially (110, 220, 440, 880, etc), which is linear if you draw it on a logarithmic scale. A sweep that swept exponentially might do what you need?

Another thing. Did you check the calibration of your filters? The analogue filters have some non-linearities in their control. This is compensated for in the digital control but it depends on good calibration because the exact response depends on component variations as well as temperature changes.